people that make hot chocolate with water instead of milk
… Y’see, now, y’see, I’m looking at this, thinking, squares fit together better than circles, so, say, if you wanted a box of donuts, a full box, you could probably fit more square donuts in than circle donuts if the circumference of the circle touched the each of the corners of the square donut.
So you might end up with more donuts.
But then I also think… Does the square or round donut have a greater donut volume? Is the number of donuts better than the entire donut mass as a whole?
A round donut with radius R1 occupies the same space as a square donut with side 2R1. If the center circle of a round donut has a radius R2 and the hole of a square donut has a side 2R2, then the area of a round donut is πR12 - πr22. The area of a square donut would be then 4R12 - 4R22. This doesn’t say much, but in general and throwing numbers, a full box of square donuts has more donut per donut than a full box of round donuts.
The interesting thing is knowing exactly how much more donut per donut we have. Assuming first a small center hole (R2 = R1/4) and replacing in the proper expressions, we have a 27,6% more donut in the square one (Round: 15πR12/16 ≃ 2,94R12, square: 15R12/4 = 3,75R12). Now, assuming a large center hole (R2 = 3R1/4) we have a 27,7% more donut in the square one (Round: 7πR12/16 ≃ 1,37R12, square: 7R12/4 = 1,75R12). This tells us that, approximately, we’ll have a 27% bigger donut if it’s square than if it’s round.
tl;dr: Square donuts have a 27% more donut per donut in the same space as a round one.
Thank you donut side of Tumblr.
GERMAN SHEPHERDS ARE SUCH SCARY DOGS WOW
ARE THEY FUCKING PLAYING MODERN TaLKING IM CRYING
bitch it’s his jam
OMG IF YOU DON’T REBLOG I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU I MEAN EVERYBODY NEEDS THIS ON THEIR BLOG LIKE SERIOUSLY OMG KJSDAF VKJSD AHFJKR HFKJE
HOLY OMG I CANT I CANT
LETS NOT BREAK THE FUCKING POST BUT OMG DIS CAT
OH MY GOD AWWWWWW
- 2001: u r a dork
- 2002: Hold on, I have to refresh. See you in 4 hours. Wait for me.
- 2003: I just got broadband!! It is this cool thing that lets you use the internet without having to hang up the telephone.
- 2004: Hello Guys, What Does, OMG Mean??? Please Respond
- 2005: OMG, did you see that? Totally lame.
- 2006: Hey do you know what lemon/lime means? How did they make a banner for that? Why is this picture moving?
- 2007: ~KAWAII~ omg did you get the new shojo beat issue friend-chaan? :3
- 2008: My LiFe SuCks Do YeW WaNnA gO oN mSn x'D i'm so random POTATO TACO TURTLES :'D
- 2009: trololololol wtf FAKE. memes are cool
- 2010: .::w h e n__y o u__f a l l__i n__love::.
- 2011: All of you are absolute blithering idiots. Why can you not type properly? Are you lazy imbeciles? This isn't 2009. Good day.
- 2012: OH MY GOD FEELS. THIS. THIS IS PERFECT. OTP. REBLOG OR DIE
- 2013: u r a dork